These are some recommendations to follow if you have suspicions about an accommodation:
– Check to see if the advertisement has been verified. This information is included in the advertiser’s details, which you can see when you contact with that accommodation.
– Look closely to see whether there are comments and opinions from other users. It’s highly unusual for a fake house to have any.
– If you have any doubts about whether the house belongs to that advertiser, ask for a copy of their ID and the property register.
– If the rental is managed by an agency, ask for their full details (CIF number, registered address, website etc.) to make sure it is legal.
– If possible, or if you know someone who lives near there, ask the owner if you can visit the accommodation before making the booking. The majority of con artists and scammers will cut off communication when you ask them something like that.
If you still have doubts, you can write to us at [email protected] and we’ll help you in any way we can.
Tambien pedes leer este artículo en Español Deutsch Français Português Italiano Nederlands