- Decree 82/2010, of 25th November, which regulates establishments for non-hotel tourist accommodation (in Spanish)
- Decree 19/2014, of 13th March, which provides an amendment to Decree 82/2010, of 25th November, which regulates establishments for non-hotel tourist accommodation within the territory of the Autonomous Community of Cantabria (Comunidad Autónoma de Cantabria) in Spanish
Requirements and registration procedure
The Gobierno de Cantabria regulates Non-hotel Tourist Accommodation (Alojamientos Turísticos Extrahoteleros – which includes tourist rentals, penthouses, bungalows and chalets) and requires that they appear in the Tourism Register of Cantabria (Registro de Turismo de Cantabria), and that the identification number of the General Register of Tourist Businesses (Registro General de Empresas Turísticas) is shown in the advertisement for the accommodation. To register your tourist accommodation, you must present an affidavit and ensure that the property complies with a series of requirements:
– you must have civil liability insurance for the property.
– each bedroom must have a certain minimum surface area and a heating system.
– you must have a municipal activity licence (licencia municipal de apertura) from the local ayuntamiento town hall.
You can ensure you comply with all the requirements by contacting the Dirección General de Turismo
Tel: 942 208 265
Agreements and organisations
To make it even easier for you, Rentalia has an agreement with SAVIA Ingeniería y Medio Ambiente, who are experts in managing tourist licences and can help you to register your accommodation. You’ll even get a 10% discount for being a Rentalia customer. If you’re interested, you can send an email to email@example.com or call 942 766 973. Remember that to receive your discount you need to give the reference number of your advertisement on Rentalia.
- Asociación de Alquiler Vacacional en Cantabria: Alvacan
To meet the requirements for the current regulation, you have to include the ID number from the Registro General de Empresas Turísticas in your advertisement. We have provided a mandatory field for you to enter your ID number which we will ask you for when you go to publish your accommodation on Rentalia.
* We cannot guarantee that these regulations have not been subject to recent modifications, and as such recommend that you always double check using the links and contact details we provide.
If you have any doubts about the regulations in your area, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org