- Decree 167/2013, of 22nd October, of the Aragonese Government (Gobierno de Aragón), which approves the Rules for tourist apartments (Reglamento de los apartamentos turísticos) in Aragon (in Spanish)
- Decree 1/2023, of 11st January, of the Gobierno de Aragón, which approves the Rules for tourist rentals (Reglamento de las viviendas de uso turístico) in Aragon (in Spanish)
Requirements and registration procedure
The Gobierno de Aragón regulates tourist lets (Viviendas de Uso Turístico) and requires that they appear in the Tourist Register of Aragon (Registro de Turismo de Aragón), and that the identification number of the Register is shown in the advertisement for the accommodation. To register your tourist accommodation, you must present an affidavit and ensure that the property complies with a series of requirements:
– the property must be rented out for temporary periods (equal to or less than a month for each traveller).
– it must meet the requirements of the current occupancy and safety legislation.
– you have to place a notice board in each property with the telephone numbers and addresses of the local emergency and health services.
– the property owners must provide their customers with a contact phone number to assist them and solve any queries or problems immediately.
– the tourist accommodation can only be let out as a whole unit, and not room by room.
To ensure that you meet all these requirements, you can read this summary of the laws for tourist rentals in Aragon (in Spanish). To find out how to submit the affidavit, you can consult this section (also in Spanish).
For more information, go to the Dirección General de Turismo.
Tel: 976 714 737
To meet the requirements for the current regulation, you have to include the ID number from the Registro de Turismo de Aragón in your advertisement. We have provided a field for this which you can find in the “Basic data” tab when you change your advertisement. You can also send this ID number to leg[email protected] and we will add it to the advertisement for you.
* We cannot guarantee that these regulations have not been subject to recent modifications, and as such recommend that you always double check using the links and contact details we provide.
If you have any doubts about the regulations in your area, write to us at [email protected]