Decree 101/2018, of 3rd July, for properties and rooms in private properties used for tourism purposes (in Spanish).

Requirements and registration procedure

The Basque Tourist Administration (Administración Turística de Euskadi) regulates tourist lets (Viviendas para Uso Turístico) and requires that they appear in the Register of Tourist Businesses and Activities of the Basque Country (Registro de Empresas y Actividades Turísticas de Euskadi). To register your tourist accommodation, you must present an affidavit and ensure that the property complies with a series of requirements:

– you must obtain a certificate of conformity of the tourist activity with the municipal laws relating to urban, building and environmental use.
– the property must have a minimum surface area depending on the number of travellers who are going to stay there.
– the owner must supply relevant information about what to do in an emergency and provide emergency contact numbers.
– a sign must be placed in both the doorway and in the apartments itself to indicate that it is a tourist accommodation .

To ensure that you meet all these requirements and to learn more about the registration process, we recommend that you consult this section (in Spanish).

You can also contact the Delegaciones Territoriales de Desarrollo Económico y Competitividad:

Tel: 945 017 055 – Álava
Tel: 944 031 478 – Biscay
Tel: 943 022 564 – Gipuzkoa


  • Asociación de Apartamentos Turísticos de Euskadi: Aparture

Mandatory registration

To meet the requirements for the current regulation, you have to include the ID number from the Registro de Empresas y Actividades Turísticas de Euskadi in your advertisement. We have provided a field for this which you can find in the “Basic data” tab when you change your advertisement. You can also send this ID number to [email protected] and we will add it to the advertisement for you.

* We cannot guarantee that these regulations have not been subject to recent modifications, and as such recommend that you always double check using the links and contact details we provide.

If you have any doubts about the regulations in your area, write to us at [email protected]