La Rioja


Decree 10/2017, of 17th March, which approves the General Tourism Law in La Rioja (Reglamento General de Turismo de La Rioja) developing Law 2/2001, of 31st May, of Tourism in La Rioja (Turismo de La Rioja) (in Spanish)

Requirements and registration procedure

The Gobierno de la Rioja regulates tourist apartments (Viviendas de Uso Turístico) and requires that they appear in the Register of Tourist Service Providers (Registro de Proveedores de Servicios Turísticos). To register your tourist accommodation, you must present an affidavit and ensure that the property complies with a series of requirements:

– it must be furnished and fitted ready for immediate use.
– it must be rented whole, and not room by room.
– the owner must make sure that the statutes of the community of homeowners does not prohibit the apartments in the building from being rented out short-term for tourist lets.

It will not be considered a tourist accommodation if:

a) The temporary rental is of a property in which the owner has their main residence and is registered as such.
b) The property is not rented out for 3 months of the year in minimum periods of one week.

To ensure that you meet all these requirements and to learn more about the registration process, we recommend that you, consult this section (in Spanish).

You can also contact the Dirección General de Turismo.

Tel: 941 291 100 – 941 291 230
Email: [email protected]


Asociación Riojana de Viviendas y Apartamentos Turísticos: Arvutur


We inform you that we have provided a field for you to include your ID number with the Registro de Proveedores de Servicios Turísticos, which you can find in the “Basic data” tab when you change your advertisement. You can also send this ID number to [email protected] and we will add it to the advertisement for you.

* We cannot guarantee that these regulations have not been subject to recent modifications, and as such recommend that you always double check using the links and contact details we provide.

If you have any doubts about the regulations in your area, write to us at [email protected]

Tambien pedes leer este artículo en Español Deutsch Français Português Italiano Nederlands

Updated on 16 January, 2019
Was this article helpful?

Related Articles

Need Support?
Can't find the answer you're looking for?
Contact Support